No announcement yet.

Stickburning Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, approaching the 5th hour of the cook, and each side of my pit is on 230 degrees! I wish I knew how to make it even out like this sooner, and throughout the cook... These stick burners are definitely mysteries wrapped in a riddle!
    sigpic"I ONCE COMPLAINED THAT I HAD NO SHOES, UNTIL I MET A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"
    26.75 Weber Kettle (2012)
    Blue Weber Platinum Performer (2013)
    Weber Go Anywhere charcoal grill (2012)
    Weber Jumbo Joe (2012)
    18 inch A-Maze-N Tube Smoker

www.facebook.com/bdbcateringco

Comment

Good for you man....The more ya use it the more ya figure it out...Master the fire...It all falls into place after that...
      Craig
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks bro! Now I'm wondering if I'll eventually figure out how to get it even like that before five hours in... My next smoke, I'm going to do what some of the other guys said they do, and instead of just using one chimney of lit lump with my 3 starter splits, I'm going to use one chimney of unlit, and one chimney of lit along with the splits... Maybe the extra coals will help me heat up the metal quicker, and get to those even temps end to end quicker!
        sigpic"I ONCE COMPLAINED THAT I HAD NO SHOES, UNTIL I MET A MAN THAT HAD NO FEET"
        26.75 Weber Kettle (2012)
        Blue Weber Platinum Performer (2013)
        Weber Go Anywhere charcoal grill (2012)
        Weber Jumbo Joe (2012)
        18 inch A-Maze-N Tube Smoker

www.facebook.com/bdbcateringco

Comment

Working...
        X