X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New (old) pit!! New Braunfels El Dorado

Hey guys

Ever see one of these?

I got it a few weeks back from CL. Its an original NB. Its really heavy. I took it to my cabin last weekend so now I have a stickburner at home and one there.

Its really pretty cool, I have been getting the hang of it!!
    Attached Files

looks like it is in good shape!! very nice!
    Brian

Certified Sausage & Pepper Head
    Yoder YS640
    Weber Genesis
    Weber 18.5" Kettle
    Weber Performer
    Misfit # 1899

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a nice score!
      Smokem if you got em

Yoder YS640
      Weber EP-310 Gasser Grill
      A-Maz-N-Pellet-Smoker (AMZNPS)
      A-Maz-N-Tube-Smoker (AMZNTS)
      Frogmats
      Maverick ET 732
      Super Fast Purple Thermopen

Deano

"May the thin blue smoke be with you"

sigpic

Comment

Never seen one like that. Looks cool, nice catch!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

i like the smoker. i love the fluke temp probe
          Island of Misfit Smokers Member #92

How to heal the world. Love people and feed them tasty food.

sigpic

Comment

Really nice score. Never seen one like that either. Keep us posted on your thoughts of it.
            S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
            CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
            New Braunfels Bandera
            UniFlame Gas Grill
            Lil Chief

Comment

Definitely a great score!
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

Can you take a pic of how the firebox vents into the cooking chamber? I am intrigued how it works.
                Mark
                sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
                Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark R View Post
                  Can you take a pic of how the firebox vents into the cooking chamber? I am intrigued how it works.
                  That's what I was wondering.
                  S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
                  CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  UniFlame Gas Grill
                  Lil Chief

Comment

Here are some more pics. The setup is very simple. There is just a square hole in the top center of the firebox that goes into the smoke chamber.

I did put a big 1/4" tuning plate over it to direct flow to the other side. There was a plate that it had when new, but it was missing.

And another pic of the temps on both sides of the pit with the plate in place.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yeah..I can for sure see the need for a baffle on that setup. Pretty nice temp spread there! Don't think I have ever seen that pit before. Cool!
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
                        Yeah..I can for sure see the need for a baffle on that setup. Pretty nice temp spread there! Don't think I have ever seen that pit before. Cool!
                        thanks

there are 2 fire grates that run the length of the pit. that is for using it as big charcoal grill. To convert it to a smoker, take one of the grates out and put it in the firebox.

When I went to buy it, the first thing I did was open the firebox door. The seller said "dont bother with that, it doesnt work" all he used it for was cooking burgers and dogs at big family events, he could not figure out how to use the firebox, it looked like there had never been a fire built in it

All I did was take the firegrate that was over the firebox opening and lay the steel right on it. thats all it took. I just happened to have a piece in the garage left over from tuning my other pit. Fit perfect

Comment

Working...
                        X