Wasabi / Soy pork loin jerky ala Richtee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasabi / Soy pork loin jerky ala Richtee

Pork loin was on sale the other day so I picked up a couple chunks totaling just under 5 lbs. I followed Richtee's recipe laid out here but with a couple differences.

First, no Numex Twilight peppers have ever been spotted around here so I used 3 serranos, sliced. Second, I didn't use sesame seeds in the marinade, but a bit of sesame oil, and then sprinkled the seeds on in the dehydrator. Then I added a good squeeze of grated ginger from those tube things, and a couple spoonfuls of chopped garlic. Finally, since Rich noted it wasn't very spicy I tossed in some red pepper flakes for good measure.

It marinated in the fridge for just shy of 48 hours, massaging it every time I was in the kitchen. Then into the dehydrator. I didn't really keep track of time but I'd say they went about 8 or 9 hours.

Dang this stuff it good. A nice hit of wasabi heat that lingers for a while after you eat it. Not sure what Rich was on about it not being spicy, it's plenty spicy for me, which kind of surprised me since numex twilight are about 10x higher in scoville units than serrano, and I used less. Though the little tiny bite my wife tried she said it wasn't spicy either so maybe I'm just a weeny

Anyway, I will be doing this again!

image_35333.jpg
    Mike
    Life In Pit Row

Good looking doings there!

Comment

Originally posted by PitRow View Post

Dang this stuff it good. A nice hit of wasabi heat that lingers for a while after you eat it. Not sure what Rich was on about it not being spicy, it's plenty spicy for me, which kind of surprised me since numex twilight are about 10x higher in scoville units than serrano, and I used less. Though the little tiny bite my wife tried she said it wasn't spicy either so maybe I'm just a weeny

Anyway, I will be doing this again!
      Yer not a “weenie” maybe just.. “sensitive”. It’s all good. Isn’t the “translucent” look cool too? Love your adaptation- Bravo! I need to make more... been a min...
      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Working...
      X