Jumbo Fattie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumbo Fattie

Here's some pics of a fattie, I started with 1 lb Jimmie dean sausage and 1/2 lb of my homemade cabbage sausage added together. Then I took 3 jumbo eggs mixed with a little milk then added shredded Mexican blend cheese, also added bread crumbs to make mixture a paste. Spread that on meat then added 2 med potatoes diced and a handful of french onions. Added sliced green pepper, and crumbled tortilla chips. Then rolled it up, had a little tearing so took other half pound of cabbage sausage and cut up for patches also cut some to seal ends up better. It took two pounds of bacon to cover and 3 lengths of saran wrap to cover for rolling. After I finished I put on kitchen scale and it hit the 5 1/2 lb mark. It really is a pig. LOL
    Attached Files
    Last edited by black_dog; 12-06-2009, 08:32 PM.

looks like a bacon beach ball!
    Keith

Comment

Looks like a real good one to me bud
      Chargriller Pro w. sfb
      Ducane 4100 propane grill
      Brinkman Electric

Member # 200

Comment

Dayum!!! Huge! 5 1/2lbs... Thats a 13x9 cooling rack... What no after pics?? I bet BD is swimming in gooo... He sliced that bad boy open and the stuffing is still oozing out... lol
        Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Kingudaroad View Post
          looks like a bacon beach ball!
          Wowsers! You could smack me in the face with that there bacon beach ball!
          Looks good bud!
          Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
          Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

That's one "FAT" Fattie. Kudos
            ---------------------------------------------------
            I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            KCBS CBJ

Comment

you've got to post the recipe for this 'cabbage' sausage. You keep mentioning it and I'm dying to see the recipe.

Great looking fatty too :-)
              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Here's a pic of finished fattie it was good but not great. Didn't get to smoke it. Also Cabbage sausage is pretty much a breakfast sausage with cabbage quartered and boiled till tender then grind through 3/16 or 1/4" grinder plate. 1 Tb. ground white pepper, 2 Tb. sage, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 Tb. ground nutmeg, 1 Tb. thyme, 1 Tb. ground hot red pepper, 5 Tb. salt, 1 Tb. sugar, 1 small onion, 3 1/2 lb cabbage. 10 lbs boneless pork butt
                Attached Files

Comment

Still a nice looking fattie..
                  Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Fat, Fat, Fattie! Great job! that is huge, I can't figure how you get it off with out an incident.

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

Nice looking fattie overload.
                      KCBS/CBJ #56408

"Sticks and stones will break your bones, but words will always teach you." -Shihan

Comment

Huge, Sure did a nice job puttin it together.

Comment

Woah...that is a fat assed fatty! Gotta be a record there, eh?
                          In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                          Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                          Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Originally posted by black_dog View Post
                            Here's a pic of finished fattie it was good but not great. Didn't get to smoke it. Also Cabbage sausage is pretty much a breakfast sausage with cabbage quartered and boiled till tender then grind through 3/16 or 1/4" grinder plate. 1 Tb. ground white pepper, 2 Tb. sage, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 Tb. ground nutmeg, 1 Tb. thyme, 1 Tb. ground hot red pepper, 5 Tb. salt, 1 Tb. sugar, 1 small onion, 3 1/2 lb cabbage. 10 lbs boneless pork butt
                            I put salsa on leftover slices and it added just what was missing.

Comment

Working...
                            X