No announcement yet.

Milk Days - 5/29/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just look for single meat contest. They are a lot easier. Nothing wrong with backyard bbq. That's my favorite. I'm getting to old to load all that stuff also. I also like cooking it the way I like it and comps that not what it's all about.

Comment

here are some pics of the competition:

cooks snack:

chicken entry:

pork entry: bone in chops:

we had a good time:

thanks for looking
      Last edited by chisoxjim; 05-31-2010, 08:08 AM.
      Just because you welded some shit together doesnt make it a WSM.

Twitter: @GrubSeeker

Comment

It all looks like a winner to me

Comment

thanks rick,

it was fun, and an interesting experience.

Comment

Food looks good, and I think the Lil one there say's it all.. I do enjoy entering a few comps a year... Like you said it is a PIA when you drive to get there.. Set up, prep, then be ready for the sound of the horn.. Cook all day, entertain the folks that come by.. Be sure to hit your turn in times.. Making sure the presentation is correct.. Then when all finished.. You have to break it all down and load up for that long haul home..

Dead on your feet.. Been their many times.. So if you never enter another cook off, you can always say you did..
            Ken

I Should Have Been Rich Instead Of Being So Good Looking

Comment

Originally posted by Texas-Hunter View Post
              Food looks good, and I think the Lil one there say's it all.. I do enjoy entering a few comps a year... Like you said it is a PIA when you drive to get there.. Set up, prep, then be ready for the sound of the horn.. Cook all day, entertain the folks that come by.. Be sure to hit your turn in times.. Making sure the presentation is correct.. Then when all finished.. You have to break it all down and load up for that long haul home..

Dead on your feet.. Been their many times.. So if you never enter another cook off, you can always say you did..
              your right ken, that pic was at the end of the day right before packing the truck, so we did have a good time.

Comment

Congrats JIm
                It all looked good from here. At almost 64 I totally understand the not wanting to tote stuff around any more. Nothing wrong with cooking for family and friends
                Scarbelly

Comment

Originally posted by Scarbelly View Post
                  Congrats JIm
                  It all looked good from here. At almost 64 I totally understand the not wanting to tote stuff around any more. Nothing wrong with cooking for family and friends.
                  At least your family & friends know what good Q is
                  sigpic
                  New Braunfels Bandera
                  New Braunfels Hondo
                  4-22.5" Weber Kettles
                  1-26" Weber Kettle
                  24"X72" Reverse Flow-Made in the U.S.A. by me
                  Navy Corpsman-'69-'73 Semper Fi

https://www.facebook.com/highrollersbbq/

Comment

thanks guys, the judges were all local folks, chamber of commerce, tv weatherman, and other local folks. So its all good, my stuff wasnt to their liking.

I just got the final results in an email(they only announced the winners on Saturday

Out of 14 teams:

I finished 8th overall

6th in ribs
                    7th in chicken
                    7th in burgers
                    10th in pork.

Interesting note, the team with the multi thousand dollar trailer with smoker & pig roaster finished last in every category.

Comment

It is brutal to do it all....If i lived closer i would helped with the set-up and breakdown...I know the feeling of cooking and then having to breakdown by myself etc.....

Funny how its not the price of smoker,but the person smoking etc....

Judges can be hit or miss....I am sure your food was spot on jim....

Comment

thanks alex,

I even foiled my ribs for about 30 minutes to try to get them hw I thought the judges might like them.

its all good, im glad i gave it a try.

Comment

Working...
                        X