• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am the first looser

well we had the grill master comp today and i did not win
    here are the pics
    Attached Files
    Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

What is that? Skirt steak? Looks good to me! You must have been the only one that didn't bribe the judges.
    Keith

Comment

Okay...Padre! To me first looser....ya got second! Nice...glad ya got us some pic's! The Pope need's a new Hat! Like your's! Now don't call me down! Just messin!
      Sunset Eagle Aviation
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

recipe : smoke and sear chimmi tri
        for the comp the internal temp had to reach 145# i would only go to 130-135
        I smoked it for 1 hour 30 min then seared it rested the meat 15 min then sliced and plated
        fillet the tri tip unroll as you cut so you end up with a flat piece about 3/4 in thick
        rub the cut side with chimmi churi and roll back up
        season liberally with salt and pepper
        smoke
        sear
        wait (you are resting the meat amd building the anticipation)
        slice
        eat
        drool all over yourself
        eat more
        eat more
        complain about eating too much
        eat more

chimmi churi recipe
        1/2 cup olive oil
        1/4 cup red wine vinegar
        1/4 cup water
        1 bunch flat leaf parsely chopped
        1 med onion
        4 cloves garlic minced
        1/2 red bell pepper finely choped
        1 Tblsp oregano
        1 Tblsp paprika
        1 Tblsp bay leaf finely chopped
        1 Tblsp coarse salt
        1 tsp pepper
        hot chili flakes to taste
        mix all
        best if prepared 2-3 days ahead
        Please ignore all spelling errors and typos my pet monkey does all of my corespondence

Comment

tri tip is a special cut out of the loin it started in Sants Maria Ca. it is hard to find some places. insanta maris the only cook it over red oak and season with salt garilc pepper (simplicity is as good as it gets)
          they are usually 2-3 lb each

Comment

P.S. sour grapes

i think i took 2nd because of the way the turn in was done
            the rules said turn in 2:00 pm
            so i planned my whole time accordingly
            some people started turning in at 1:15 everybody was turning in about 5lbs of meat (2 2 1/2 lb sirloins or 2 3lb tri tips)
            these judges ate almost all that was turned in
            so when i made my turn in at 2:00 i think they were so full i did no stand a chance
            the guy who won did do a very nice job (he turned his in about 1:40 )

like i said just sour grapes i guess

Comment

I've been in about 6 contests so far. Placed 4th once and 2nd once...the rest of the time was near the bottom...but not last. Not sure why your upset about 2nd. First these should be fun...if not I think you have the wrong attitude. Not sure how your contest was run but the ones I've been to the judges don't stuff themselves during the judging. We all want to win but we know there will only be one winner. I go to have fun and meet and talk to the other people at the contests.
              www.nopigleftbehind.com
              -----------------------------

Comment

hay goose

i did have lots of fun. i did not mean to sound like a cry baby i just wanted to say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Comment

Congrats on taking second. Good looking food!
                  sigpic
                  Smoke Vault 24

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
                    hay goose

i did have lots of fun. i did not mean to sound like a cry baby i just wanted to say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!
                    Great!! Glad you did! Hope you continue to compete and have fun!!
                    www.nopigleftbehind.com
                    -----------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by PreacherRodgers View Post
                      i
                      the guy who won did do a very nice job (he turned his in about 1:40 )

like i said just sour grapes i guess
                      Preacher...I have had my share of 2's. And yanno... it's 1 set of tastebuds away from the winner.

BRAVO and !
                      In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                      Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                      Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Nice job Preacher, keep searchin, you'll nail it one day!
                        Lang 60 Mobile deluxe

Captain-N-Smoke BBQ Team(retired)

Comment

preacher the meat looked excellent from this end. should have let em see the hawg leg in yer waist strap. the out come might have been in your favor.

keep at it. yer learnin from the best I guess..
                          sigpicWal-Mart shopping cart undergoing heavy mods.
                          nano second fast camo titanium splash proof thermo pen

need a larger spatula for early morning road kill removal.

As the venomous south American hissing skunk rat is growing fast and needs larger portions.

Comment

Were you sporting that lavender shirt? Cuz that's first place!
                            Seriously, the tri looked absolutely great. You my friend are first in my book cuz I would have been to afraid to even enter the comp! You did fabulous, I get the bummed feeling cuz when I read the title I felt it for ya. Keep at it, second is wonderful your first time out of the gate, keep racing my friend!
                            Congrats, on a job well done!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

ya see - had you thrown some blue chees in there you'd have won easy
                              But hell second ain't nothing to to be shy about :-)
                              Well done !

And kelly - he wasn't wearing lavender:

But I do like the hat !
                              Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                              Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                              X