Never again !!!!!!!!!!!!! brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never again !!!!!!!!!!!!! brisket

Never again will I do a 12-16 hour brisket smoke. This was my first high heat brisket and let me tell ya, there is no reason to be doing over night smokes for a good end product. This one is by far the best brisket I have done. And it only took 4 hrs, yes I said 4 hours. I am doing burnt ends with the point so they are back in the smoker but the flat is resting as we speak. I started at 11 o’clock and ran the smoker at 325-350 by 3 o’clock it was ready to pull. I was figuring at least 5 hours but nope. I did inject it with a Worchester sauce, merlot wine and some granulated garlic. Rubbed with lantana of texas all purpose seasoning and a little extra black pepper. Here are the pics and if you haven’t tried a high temp brisket you should…I am a convert

All butchered up…This one was a *&&^& to trim but we got her

Checked the temps it was at 165 here

Just rested

Point cut for burnt ends

Jerod
    GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
    sigpic

It sure looks good Jerod...

Comment

Sheesh....... I am sold..... I have a pork roast on right now that sat for almost 3 hours at the same temp, then fell a degree in temp!

Hell, I could have done 2 high heat briskets back to back......

It looks fantastic!...... What is your process for burnt ends?.... I've only made them once & mine did not turn out very good.
      sigpic

Comment

That looks great - one of the disadvantges of my SmokinTex is the temps stop at 250 so I can not do one like this But since I don't have to tend the fire it is easy to do overnite while I am a snoozin
        Scarbelly

Comment

Sure looks good, i gotta do another brisket sometime soon so will give that a try. Also gotta try this burnt end deal.
          A brit living in the heartland of America ..... and loving it !!

Comment

You Rock Man! Purty! ain't never done a biggun....just me & Louie, so we do a smaller one & I got it down! Sure doooo's look gooood!
            Sunset Eagle Aviation
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunse...888015?fref=ts <... We sure could use some likes!

Comment

Oooh yeah I'd be on that brisky, like the white on paper! Nice quick burn!
              Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
              Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

Interesting...but Im hopelessly stuck in the past...
                Brisket calls for low and slow.........real slow........and thats part of the fun of it........but thats just me........
                Craig
                sigpic

Comment

first off thanks everyone this was great.It was also the first time I used a red wine in the injection..I don't hear to many people doing that. I don't understand

shawn my technique is just to cube the point up and dust again with what ever rub I used. Next I poor some bbq sauce on them and stir them around in a bowl. Not a ton just enough to give them a small coating. back in the smoker with heavy smoke for as long as they take. these ones went another 1.5 at about 275 or so. Just keep eating one every 30 minutes till you get what ya want for tenderness. below is a pic of them
                  Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                  Sheesh....... I am sold..... I have a pork roast on right now that sat for almost 3 hours at the same temp, then fell a degree in temp!

Hell, I could have done 2 high heat briskets back to back......

It looks fantastic!...... What is your process for burnt ends?.... I've only made them once & mine did not turn out very good.
                  Jerod
                  GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                    Brisket calls for low and slow.........real slow........and thats part of the fun of it........but thats just me........
                    I resemble that remark... lol!

I am curious people... Jarod, do you think the high heat effects the smoke ring? I see your briskey has a nice ring.. just wondering. I am not sure I could maintain temps that high in old Evelyn.. but doing a briskey in short order does sound enticing. Nice job Jarod!
                    Scott.Mike you gotta get on those burnt ends man!! well MEN! :) Love to Miss Louie!

The only one on the block with the super fastest turbo charged

Comment

well this is my first high heat one so I can only go off of what this one came out as. but it seams good. I might add a stronger wood next time to get a more pronounced smoke flavor. heck I might even use mesquite with the smoke time being so short it shouldn't over power it at all. I do the straight out of the fridge to the smoker thing. I know that is a debate with some people but it seems to give it a nice ring on it. and thanks for the kind words !

edit: i used apple on this smoke. as that is the easiest wood for me to get in these parts. so maybe a hickory or pecan would do a little better
                      Originally posted by Bbqgoddess View Post
                      I resemble that remark... lol!

I am curious people... Jarod, do you think the high heat effects the smoke ring? I see your briskey has a nice ring.. just wondering. I am not sure I could maintain temps that high in old Evelyn.. but doing a briskey in short order does sound enticing. Nice job Jarod!
                      Scott.Mike you gotta get on those burnt ends man!! well MEN! :) Love to Miss Louie!
                      Jerod
                      GOT-Q-4-U bbq team
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post

Craig I am with ya. If it ain't low and slow, it's gotta go. Staying up all night, watching the stars, or in this years case -- watching the lightening, trying to stay dry, with some Moody Blues and Pink Floyd to keep ya company.

An all nighter brisket on Independence Day is a tradition in this house. I got number 16 to the processor a week ago. The brisket is back today and waiting for its time in the cabinet smoker. At about 4Am we'll throw the breakfast fattie, and bacon wrapped pork tenderloin into the mix. As the brisket comes out, the butts go in. Then I take my rest, get up and prepare the MOINK with my grandson and hopefully my wife will have the ABT's and beans ready to go in. Gonna be a special day this year. A real homecoming holiday in our family.
                        sigpic

Comment

Jarod, your burnt ends look about 600 Zillion times better than mine..... Mine could have doubled as Briquettes!...... Great work Brother
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm conviced to give it a try. I have been so busy these days...but I do want to get a brisket in. I'll try the high heat and see how it turns our for me.

Thanks Jarod.
                            Al

Comment

Love the Outside the box....and High heat brisky is great...I too have injected with Red wine ( Caberet, and merlot) good stuff I like with beef...and the burnt ends well that is looking good...i could go for some now...smoke on jerod
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X