Pig Roaster/Cooker plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig Roaster/Cooker plans

Anyone have any plans for a pig roaster/cooker, charcoal version? I know back in PA, we used to be able to rent them from the local butcher, but I wasn't paying attention to things back then. Looking for a version without a firebox, coals underneath the drip pan version. Hopefully I am making sense.
    My brother said he will make one of those for me also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

I use a rectangular coal pan 3 inches thick. Two up right tripods at each end with one inch bearing on each end, small 1/3 HP electric motor small #40 chain cog, one inch pole through it. 6 inch #40 gear on the pole, chain between the two and switch it on.

If you don't want a rotisierre same coal pan, expanded metal rack spaced up above the coal pan about 20 inches.
    Tour the New Rig Here!

Sgt. USMC '79-'85

S-M inmate number 12

RIP ronP

Comment

My sister has a meadow creek pr-60 pig roaster.Works great and doubles a large grill....

Has a drip pan which funnels fat out a hole into a bucket.Pretty much set and forget using the minnion method....

http://www.smokymtbarbecue.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Cajunsmoke13 View Post
        Anyone have any plans for a pig roaster/cooker, charcoal version? I know back in PA, we used to be able to rent them from the local butcher, but I wasn't paying attention to things back then. Looking for a version without a firebox, coals underneath the drip pan version. Hopefully I am making sense.
        My brother said he will make one of those for me also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
        If you want a "temporary" one, try one of these. Did a 108 lber last Memorial Day. Divide a 20lb bag of charcoal equally in each of the 4 corners to start off with. The "pit" is made with cinder blocks, 2 across at each end, and 4 blocks long each side, stacked 4 rows high. Drip pans directly under the pig.

Last edited by Crewdawg52; 01-06-2010, 08:34 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all. Krewdog, that hog looks awesome.
          Custom Reverse Flow Smoker, WSM 22", Blackstone Griddle 36"

Comment

I've done one in a similiar setup to crewdawg as has ryan and kelly.
            if you go to cowgirls blog she's got an excellent how-to on a cinder block pit.

If you want it permament - use cement :-)
            I left a gap at each end when I did it and added my charcoal from the ends, rather than deconstruct any of the pit (it wasn't that stable to begin with lol)

It works great and if you have either welded mesh like I did or expanded metal - hell even the chicken wire covered rebar ryan did - it'll double as a big-arse bbq/grill as well :-)

MY pig cook
            Ryans and Kelly's
            Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
            Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

I have some pics of one I made from a old fuel oil tank if thats what you are looking for

Comment

Originally posted by curious aardvark View Post
                If you want it permament - use cement :-)
                Uh, concrete.

Tom

Comment

I know this is not a whole pig but I know it would fit.

Comment

Check out Alveron cookers.....they are local here and John makes some great cookers!
                    www.nopigleftbehind.com
                    -----------------------------

Comment

Heres a few pics of a friends roaster

75th 008.jpg

75th 009.jpg

75th 010.jpg
                      Bill
                      There's room for all of Gods creatures.....Right next to my mashed Potatoes

Comment

Holy CRAP! Talkin' heavy metal there, buddy! Use a forklift to set it I assume? ;{)
                        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
                        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
                        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

rtom: More picks buddy more pics! Seems I come inta possision of a fuel oil tank in the spring! An plan on buildin a hog roaster an monster grill.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travcoman45 View Post
                            rtom: More picks buddy more pics! Seems I come inta possision of a fuel oil tank in the spring! An plan on buildin a hog roaster an monster grill.
                            I think this is all I have right now
                            http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/rtom1/cooker/

Comment

Thanks, waitin on the boy ta drag that tank outa his basement, dear ol dad don't really wanna hep with that part! I was there fer the wood furnace project an still can't walk right!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X