Hickory Farms Beef Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hickory Farms Beef Stick

Has anyone every come across a reasonable clone recipe for this? I was never a huge fan, thought it was kind of bland, but my wife mentioned that she always liked it and thought I might try something like it. Probably the childhood holiday memories more than anything she's recalling.

My mom worked for a Hickory Farms owned candy store in our local mall when I was a kid. Right across the way was the regular Hickory farms store. They had a tremendous array of good stuff. Some of you midwestern members must recall the stores. I think they were based out of Chicago. At least thats where I remember my mom going to to a headquarters meeting once. She brought home a lot of stuff, but I mainly remember the brats and baklava. The first I'd ever had either, and still the best.
    sigpic

Beef. It's whats for dinner.

I remember them from Dallas. I liked the mustard they served with the sausage and cracker.
    ~ May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead. ~ Dwain

Comment

I just did a google search. Thought there would be a clone

Len Poli's beef stick was referenced as being similar

Might be worth looking into?
      sigpic

Comment

Just my thought butt, take your favorite summer sausage recipe and cut the spice profile in half....there you go!
        Mark
        sigpic

"Likes smokey old pool rooms, clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
        Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head!

Comment

Working...
        X