A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker does Flat Iron Steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker does Flat Iron Steaks

Hi all, I shot this video while playing around with the A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker. I did a combination of cold smoke & hot smoke using it in my Yoder YS640. I thought I would try it on some flat iron steaks I picked up and aged for a week in the fridge. Nothing fancy just applied some garlic powder, Obe Cues BBQ Bomber Rub & Bean seasoning and some Mrs. Dash Steak seasoning. All low sodium. By the way, the Obe Cues BBQ Bomber Rub & Bean Seasoning is another tasty rub.

Once the steaks were rubbed down, seasoned and rested in the firdge a while, I placed them on the YS640 without turning it on. I filled the A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker and lit the thing with a propane torch. Easy lighting and from there I laid it in the pit with the steaks for two hours turning them once after the first hour. After 2 hours of smoke the pit reached a max temp of 95 degrees on a 70 degree day. Not bad... I then pulled the meat and set the pit up in direct grilling mode and turned it on and let it reach 550 degrees. I wanted char grilled steaks not just grill marks. If you wish just marks 450 on the Yoder’s will do the trick when using grillgrates. I sautéed up some red onion & green pepper to boot. When the steaks were turned I mopped them with a mix of garlic powder, butter, Thyme, Rosemary and a bit of Mad Hunky.

I topped the steaks with the sautéed onions and green peppers and on this a nice portion of Swiss cheese.

Nice job Todd! I believe the A-Maze-N-Tube-Smoker is the best bang for the buck in BBQ these days.

These steaks were to die for. Smokey, savory and extremely juicy. Hell See for yourself.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DrsdPz1rEpI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
    Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
    SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
    Yoder Wichita
    Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
    Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
    Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Love the slow motion replay. Those look amazing and great product review

Comment

Damn that's some good beef!
      Love the cold smoke then high heat on steaks. Sometime maybe give a try to cold smoking some filets then doing those babies up Pittsburgh/blackened rare.

Ran outta points for the day so guess I'll just have to leave you with "I sure wish I could take a bite out of your meat" innuendo points
      There is a cure...http://phoenixtears.ca/

sigpic

Comment

WoooHoo...that's pretty slick, Rob. Love that smoker. And the tube unit looks impressive as well.... thanks for the vid, man!
        In God I trust- All others pay cash...
        Check out the Mad Hunky and products at https://madhunkymeats.com or https://www.facebook.com/MadHunkyMeats
        Lang 60D, The Beast, 18 and 22 WSM, Brinkmann Backroads trailer, Weber 22 Kettle, gutted MB burning watts

Comment

Shweeeet! and some for an excellent review of another of Todd's great products.

Guess I'll be shelling out for one of them in the near future.
          sigpic

Smoked-Meat certified Sausagehead

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1443745685

Comment

Originally posted by Richtee View Post
            WoooHoo...that's pretty slick, Rob. Love that smoker. And the tube unit looks impressive as well.... thanks for the vid, man!
            Rich, ya need to get ya one of these tube smokers to add to your arsinal. It's easily the best bang for the buck in BBQ land.
            Smoke it.. and they will come!

Rob
            Recipes & Smokes in HD Video
            SmokingPit.com

Yoder YS640
            Yoder Wichita
            Arizona BBQ Outfitters Scottsdale
            Camp Chef FTG600 Flat Top Griddle
            Blackstone 22" Flat Top Griddle

Comment

Excellent Sir! Not using a Yoder but I believe I can do pretty much the same on my kettle, or even the gas grill. Kudos to Todd for the new smoker and to you my friend for the great video.
              Lang 36 Patio, a few Webers, 2 Eggs, plenty of gadgets and a MES 40 Gen 2.5 electric for bacon and sausage.
              My best asset however is the inspiration from the members on this forum.

sigpic
              @SmokinJim52 on Twitter

Comment

love the flames coming out of the pellet box.

That is one amazing bit of kit.

steaks looked pretty good :-)
                But for the flames
                Made In England - Fine Tuned By The USA
                Just call me 'One Grind'

Comment

Working...
                X