Feather Bones (Riblets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feather Bones (Riblets)

I was finally able to get some of these. When we were kids we grew up eating these succulent little bony morsels. Mom would boil them, then drown them in sauce and broil in the oven until the sauce was hot and gooey. They were good, but I always knew I wanted to try them smoked. But they're hard to get in these parts, so when I found them I jumped on 20 lbs of them.

First 10 lbs got a dose of my rub.

The next 10 lbs got a dusting of Mad Hunky.

I love my new grates.

Don't forget the beans.

Ready to eat. Rubbed only, no sauce. Sweet Baby Rays was served on the side.

Now see what I did, I forgot the damn beans.

Ahhhhh, beans. That's better.

I tell ya what. These little suckers are damn good.

Tom

Those sure look good Tom...

I gotta make some more of those... It has been a couple months now and I am ready to pig out again...

Comment

Whoa! That's a plate full of food. With all the rest of that stuff, how'd you find room for main attraction? Never had 'em before, but sure look good.
      S-M Misfit #16

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ~ Red Green

It's a shame stupidity isn't painful.

GOSM Propane
      CharGriller Kamado Cooker "The Akorn"
      New Braunfels Bandera
      UniFlame Gas Grill
      Lil Chief

Comment

Dont know if I can find em around here but if I do.........Bout how long do you smoke em for...They sure look good...

And I dont reckon Ill cook 20# of em at once...but thats just me...
        Craig
        sigpic

Comment

Holy Smokes Tom, those look Awesome!.... I think you need to get bigger plates.....

Great Spread
          sigpic

Comment

I'm used to seeing boxes of rib tips.... that I understand. But there's a Save-a-Lot near us that has "pork breast bones" in a box and also another brand with their boxes labeled "pork riblets". I asked them and they said they were all pretty much different names for rib tips. Is that so? and if not, how do they differ?
            DennyD

GrillPro charcoal cabinet smoker, CharGriller Pro, 22" CKG(cheap kettle grill), 16" UniFlame kettle, Firepit/smoker stickburner, Brinkman gasser w/smoker box

Comment

Tom ,looks great I have to find me some of them
              2-22.5'' weber
              1-18'' weber
              1 smokey joe
              22.5'' wsm
              24'' smoke vault
              1-outhouse
              Certified,Smoked Meat Sausage Head
              Smoked meathead #135

Comment

Those look Awesome,There was a BBQ joint that sold riblets as a special on Thursday.Almost more than you could eat on a plate for like 6 bucks Them are Damn Good Vittles
                sigpic

Certified Sausage Head

Comment

Originally posted by DennyD View Post
                  I'm used to seeing boxes of rib tips.... that I understand. But there's a Save-a-Lot near us that has "pork breast bones" in a box and also another brand with their boxes labeled "pork riblets". I asked them and they said they were all pretty much different names for rib tips. Is that so? and if not, how do they differ?

They are the same. I buy them in 10# boxes and they call them Riblets at the store we get them from....

Comment

Hot Damn! Look at them there ribbies man! They look wonderful Tom. I like me sauce on the side too. That SBR makes a good rib buddy no doubt. To hell with the bigger plate, I'll take me beans o'er the top 'o me baked tater...please!!
                    Ryan

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
                    Clint Eastwood

sigpic

Comment

rib tips, come from the ribs on the breast end... what tom has here are riblets or featherbones, which grow off the spine. i started finding them a couple years ago and they make a great smoke. nice job Tom and great pics of a great looking meal!!!
                      Charbroil SFB
                      GOSM
                      MES
                      Dutch Ovens and other CI
                      Little Chief, Big Chief, No Name water smoker
                      Weber 22" gold, Smokey Joe, WSM 22"

Smoked-Meat Certified Sausage Head

sigpic

Comment

Dang Gunny that plate looks to die for. Points cop says I got to spread them around. That sure does deserv'em though...
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        I plan ahead, that way I don't do anything right now.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        KCBS CBJ

Comment

Originally posted by Fishawn View Post
                          Holy Smokes Tom, those look Awesome!.... I think you need to get bigger plates.....
                          I think he needs to invite more people over... hint... hint...

You nailed it Gunny, awesome plateage!!!

Drinks well with others

~ P4 ~

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKE FREAK View Post
                            Dont know if I can find em around here but if I do.........Bout how long do you smoke em for...They sure look good...
                            Craig, I got mine at Dillons packaged under the Farmland label. I smoked them at 250° (smoker ran flawlessly yesterday too) for about 2 hours flipping once, then I put them in a covered foil pan and sprayed them with apple juice and cooked for another 2 1/2 hours.

Here ya go.

Originally posted by erain View Post
                            rib tips, come from the ribs on the breast end... what tom has here are riblets or featherbones, which grow off the spine. i started finding them a couple years ago and they make a great smoke. nice job Tom and great pics of a great looking meal!!!
                            Yeah, you know what's good too. Thanks.

Originally posted by Zeeker View Post
                            Points cop
                            That's funny.

Tom

Comment

Good Golly Miss Molly, them little bone suckers look like a feast.

Comment

Working...
                              X